This month’s hike is an out and back on the Box Camp Trail on Mt. Lemmon. It is moderate in difficulty and 1.8 miles long (3.6 miles total). We will meet at the church at 6:30 am and carpool to the trailhead, or meet at the trailhead parking lot on the left side of Mt. Lemmon highway (about 100 yards beyond the Spencer Canyon Campground road) at 8:00 am if driving direct. Please wear sturdy hiking shoes, and bring water and snacks. For more details, please contact Charlie or Marj Wippermann at 579-8775.
Our VBS planning has begun and we would love to have you be a part of this wonderful event. We are looking for helpers in all areas, including family leaders, quiet room helpers, arts and crafts, and kitchen helpers. VBS will be held during the week of June 19th to 23rd. Our theme is Rome: Paul and the Underground Church. If you can help, please contact John, Jean-Marie or the office. Thanks!
ICS helps seniors, disabled individuals and people in financial crisis achieve stable, healthy and independent lives. Casas Adobes UCC contributes money and food items every month to ICS. Here are additional ways you could help out:
- Donate new or gently used children’s books for children to take home after visiting the ICS food bank.
- Sign up for the We Care Golf Classic, November 11, 2016.
- Continue donating peanut butter, cereal, spaghetti, and canned goods.
- Go to www.icstucson.org to find other volunteer opportunities.
ICS accomplishments this year:
- Empty Bowls raised $72,000 for ICS.
- Arizona Gives Day on April 5, 2016 raised $8,705 in ONE day.
- ICS boasts 750 volunteers.
- ICS food bank helped over 28,000 people this year.
- Over $1.8 million worth of food was distributed through ICS food bank.